Busy Mom

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Living Positively and Conversations with Coca-Cola



In a couple of days, I'll be headed to Atlanta, GA where I'll be attending the Conversations with Coca-Cola blogger event, and one topic we'll be discussing is what it means to "live positively".

I'm from the south, so I grew up with Coca-Cola. "Have a Coke" is synonymous with "sit down, relax and spend time with friends" which is something I need to do a lot more of, so for me, part of "living positively" means relaxing and not worrying so much about "stuff".

As a matter of fact, my efforts yielded a night out with friends just a couple of nights ago. Even though it was a weeknight and things were busy at home, I said "yes" to an invitation I might have otherwise declined, and I'm so glad I did.

Another way I try to "live positively" is to reign in my natural tendency to be a pessimist. I find it helpful if I focus a little less on me, and a little more on the people around me, but some days are a struggle, so I'm a work in progress!

While I'm there, I'll get to talk with with top Coca-Cola leadership, so please feel free to leave any questions you might have, and I'll be sure to pass them along and get answers!

So, stay tuned, and I look forward to sharing what I've learned!

Disclosure: Coke will be paying for my travel, lodging and activities while in Atlanta, and BlogHer is compensating me for my time for writing this post.

2 Comments:

  • Have fun! Sounds like a great trip. I love Hotlanta.

    By Blogger BlondeMomBlog (Jamie), At 4:48 PM, June 10, 2011  

  • Have Fun... Can I share with you a couple of questions that I can't get answered by Coke, and maybe you will get (PR Spin) and answer?

    1. Why does Coke refuse to remove BPA lining from it canned products, especially since BPA has been linked to so many bad things?

    2. Why does Coke refuse to come out with a natural sugar based product (rather than High Fructose Corn Syrup)? It doesn't have to be a wholesale switch over but how about a Coke "Basics" or something that is original formula WITH SUGAR?

    By Blogger JayMonster, At 9:33 PM, July 04, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home